Friday, August 5, 2011

Featured Artist - Fallen Sparrow

                                              Fallen Sparrow
                            (all pictures supplied by Fallen Sparrow)

I came across Fallen Sparrow through the Etsy's suggested shops.  They carry some beautiful clutch purses for the bride and the bridesmaids.  They also carry gorgeous hair accessories and ring pillows. 

"If you're tired of the same old boring wedding clutches & accessories you've found the right place! Sneak a peek at the dreamy bridal clutches & formal bridesmaid clutches . The Collection is bursting with color and inspiration....Flower Clutches, Feathers Clutches & Fabulous Colors are just bursting at the seams. Or if you are the understated type....we've got you covered too."

Here's just a few of Fallen Sparrows collections...

~ Bella Bloom
~ Marie Antoinette Collection
~ Rustic Woodland Bride
~ Orchid Bloom Collection

Samples from Fallen Sparrow:

1. Rustic Chic Feather Clutch Woodland Feather Bridesmaid Clutch - Ivory Bridal Clutch - Kisslock Snap Clutch with Rosette Flowers - $45.00

2.  Eggplant Royal Purple Plum Bridesmaid Clutch or Bridal Clutch with Ivory Orchid Flower Blooms - Kisslock Snap Frame Bouquet Clutch - $45.00

3. Olive Green Citron Yellow & Teal Turquoise Bridesmaid Clutch or Bridal Clutch - Flowers Blooms - Bouquet Clutch - Kisslock Snap Petite Clutch - $45.00

4. Satin Bridal Clutch or Bridesmaid Clutch - Kisslock Snap Petite Clutch - Custom Colors - Black, Silver, Gold, Ivory, and Champagne - $45.00

5. Ivory Bridal Clutch or Ivory Bridesmaid Clutch set - Kisslock Snap Petite Bouquet Clutch - Pale Pink or Peach - $45.00

6. Red & Black Clutch - Bridal or Bridesmaid Clutch - Kisslock Snap Petite Clutch  -  Red, Black, and White - $45.00

Here's a little insight into the owner of Fallen Sparrow:

1.  Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Sarah and I'm a hopeless artistic entrepreneur. I live in a lovely town by the sea. I love walks on the beach even in the fog. In fact I love everything about the ocean... the smell, the wind, the sand....everything!

2.  How did you become interested in creating?
I was born into an artistic family. We were always doing fantastic art projects. One of my favorite memories was pressing & drying wildflowers and then making laminated bookmarks with the blooms. My imagination has always led me into creating something fanciful and expressive.

3.  What is your inspiration?
I am inspired by many things. I'm amazed by the composition of clouds on a day after rain, by the petals of a Pansy or a Wild Indian Paint Brush. I love the geometric and sporadic patterns you find everywhere in nature. I am completely inspired by color.....thank goodness I am not color blind! I love fabric....it just calls out to be created into something fabulous and interesting. I really enjoy looking at wedding blogs for color-story inspiration. Oh yeah and I can't forget to give props to my fellow Etsian's, I am inspired and amazed by such an incredible community of fellow artist's.

4.  What is your favorite piece you’ve made and why?
Hmm.. my favorite piece? Well, really I fall in love with every new piece I create.... but I always seem to lean towards anything bright and full of color! I love my Big Bags shown on my website ( not on Etsy at the moment ). They are made in fabulous retro and modern prints with vintage jewels. Right now I'm a little obsessed with feathers. I really love the Feather & Flower Clutches because they look like little art compositions.... full of color and texture. I love pieces that you wait to use for a special occasion.

To see all of Sarah's great products check out Fallen Sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment