Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hand Sewn Make Up Bag

                                Front view of hand sewn make up bag. 


                                      Lining inside of make up bag.

For the last few weeks my current make up bag has been falling to pieces on me.  It's started to shred on the top by the zipper.  So anytime something catches those openings it starts opening it wider.  Ok...it's time for a new make up bag.  I pulled out the sewing machine and cut some crushed velour that I had on hand.  I bought the black and white polka dots fabric a while ago from Joann's.  The flower is from a package of scrap booking stickers that I also bought from Joann's a while ago.  The black leaves are made from felt.  I used some light green yarn to do some light stitching to make them stand out a little more.   

And voila!!  Here's the finished product.  I absolutely love it!  The finished size is 6" h x 5 1/2"w.    If you are interested in owning one for yourself feel free to email me at: ittybitdelights@yahoo.com

Until my next blog...happy sewing.
Ittybit

No comments:

Post a Comment