Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes - From Ittybit's Kitchen



Mmmmmm....pumpkin cupcakes.  What a tasty little treat.  I made these for my Church's Harvest Festival.  I took a basic white cake (from the box) used some orange gel to tint my white batter.  I made some butter cream frosting from scratch and tinted that green so I could use as the main frosting on my cupcakes. For the pumpkins I made them using krispy treats. While melting the marshmallows I added a few drops of orange gel and then once again in the process of adding the rice krispy's.  Once the rice krispy batter was ready I could start making the pumpkin ball.  This part was a little tricky plus I had to work fast so the rice krispy's wouldn't harden. I used shortening on my hands so the rice krispy treats wouldn't stick to my fingers.  For the stem part I took a piece of a tootsie roll and cut it in half. I then piped some leaves and vines to finish these pumpkins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment