Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pistachio Cupcakes With Rose Petal Flavored Buttercream Recipe - from Ittybit's Kitchen


These are some great tasting cupcakes.  I made these cupcakes awhile ago but I found the recipe on 52 cupcakes' blog.   It's titled "Week 39-Pistachio Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Frosting." 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F  (makes 18 standard cupcakes)

Here's the recipe: 
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (3-1/2-ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
2/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pistachios

Directions: 
1. In a mixing bowl, add the first 5 ingredients; stir to combine. 
2. Add in the mini chocolate chips; stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, add the eggs, milk, oil, chopped pistachios, and vanilla;stir to combine.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture; stir until well mixed.
5. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until pick comes out clean. 
7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. 

*Instead of using vanilla cream frosting I simply used pure rose extract that I purchased at Sur La Table and added a little to my butter cream frosting. I added a handcrafted sugar rose that I made out of fondant and gumpaste.

I really enjoyed these and plan on making them again.  :)

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment