Saturday, October 23, 2010

Inspirational Moments

My mom & sister send me a lot of inspirational emails that will sometimes brighten my day, make me smile, laugh or cry because they are so heart felt. My sister just sent me one the other day titled "God's Wings." This truly hit home with me not only to see how this little mama bird loved her chicks but on a spiritual level as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)


GOD'S WINGS -
You Never Know
How Strong You Are........Till Strong Is Your Only Choice

God's Wings


After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park , forest rangers
began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage. One
ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely
on the ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie
sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick. When he gently struck
it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings.
The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her
offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings,
instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have
flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. When the blaze
had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had
remained steadfast....because she had been willing to die, so those
under the cover of her wings would live.

'He will cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you
will find refuge.' (Psalm 91:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment