Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dark Brown Dresser Face Lift

 I've had this dark brown dresser for awhile (that my sister gave me a while back ago) and decided I needed to give it a face lift.  I also needed a place to store additional make up and smaller things that really didn't have a place to "call home" and jewelry pieces like bracelets, rings and earrings.  So my first original thought was to paint it all white and accent it with a baby pink.  But as time progressed I wanted it to look a little more antiqued.  I also used clear knobs instead of painting the original wooden ones that were on it.  The second drawer down had a built in shape that I decided to pain white and paint a simple design in the center.  Overall I like how it came out.



                                                    Before being sanded.


                                                           Sanded.

                                              All stained and newly decorated.
     



No comments:

Post a Comment