Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day Felted Goody Bags - Crafting



Handcrafted Valentine's Day felted goody bags.  I needed to make a few fun bags for some family relatives so we could put some Valentine's Day goodies inside.  I used the following: 

Red felt
Light pink felt
Creme felt
Pink yarn
Red yarn
Handcrafted polymer clay hearts

I took two 8 1/2 x 11" pieces of red felt and cut them down to 2- 9x6's. I sewed the two pieces together leaving about a 1/2" on the three sides.  After I sewed them together I used my fabric zig-zag patterned scissors to give a finishing touch.  I did the same for the handles.  I cut out three heart shapes.  One large creme colored and two small light pink ones.  I used a thick pink yarn as an outline stitch for the creme colored heart and red yarn for the two smaller pink hearts. I used fabric tac to attach the hearts and the handles.  All that was left was attach the handcrafted polymer clay hearts with some red colored thread. 

Until my next blog....Happy Crafting
Ittybit

No comments:

Post a Comment